Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker which makes your life a little easier while you go about your daily chores in your home. It can also connect to your speakers or headphones over Bluetooth or through a 3.5 mm audio cable to deliver stereo sound to the speakers. It also connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provides information, news, sports scores, weather, and more.
It has the ability to hear you from across the room, even while music is playing. Using it is easy; you wake it up by saying the word “Alexa” and it responds instantly. Echo Dot responds to the one nearest if you have more than one.
It can be used for many little tasks around your home which makes it a convenient device. It can be used in the bedroom to turn off lights or as a smart alarm clock. It can also be used to set timers in the kitchen or shop from Amazon. It also provides hands-free voice control to Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn.
It works with smart home devices such as lights, switches, fans, thermostats, and more from Philips Hue, TP-Link, ecobee, WeMo, SmartThings, Insteon, Lutron, Nest, Wink, Honeywell, and more
Moreover, Echo Dot has been updated with new skills which added even more capabilities like ordering a pizza from Domino’s, requesting a ride from Uber, tracking your fitness with Fitbit, ordering flowers from 1-800-Flowers and more. Enabling skills lets your Echo Dot do even more—simply discover skills you want to use in the Alexa App. To enable a new skill, just ask Alexa.
Echo Dot Features & Specifications:
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
- Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot
Echo Dot Review:
Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker which can carry out many tasks you give it like turn on and off lights, set timers, dim lights, order pizzas and get a Uber taxi to your home. It connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provides information, news, sports scores, weather, and more.
It can hear you from across the room, even if music is playing. To wake it, you just utter the word “Alexa”. If you have more than one, the one nearest you responds using ESP (Echo Spatial Perception). With the free Alexa App on Fire OS, Android, iOS, and desktop browsers, you can easily set up and manage it.
Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that can make life easier for you in the home. It can perform many tasks like turning light on and off, setting timers, giving news and weather reports and much more. If you want a hands free, voice-controlled device to help you in the home or for an elderly parent, I recommend you consider it.